Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Copy Update

I'm baaaack! I just got my copy of the Plutonian Oracle in the mail this afternoon (a day earlier than expected) and overall, I'm happy with it. The deck is the size I need it to be, tiny for my small hands. Those of you with larger hands are just going to have to deal! :P

This aside, the card stock is good in my opinion. It's not terribly stiff or flimsy. I would say stock is about a 7 on a scale of 1-10.  Of course, you be the judge. I may make a video if I can stop being shy about it. :]]]

As for the images, they are acceptable. Aside from the white of the cards being a little see-through and a few jagged lines here and there, it's something I'm proud of for a first edition. Still.. I may smooth over some cards. I think all artists have a critical eye when it comes to their own work. I am certainly no exception.

When I received the deck, I was super excited and I posted an image at my favorite reading website. Even though the company says their images don't bleed through the back, I went with black backing to be on the safe side. The only issue I am encountering with an equally-sided length deck is that some of the cards are coming up sideways. I will be addressing how to deal with this in the manual.

The manual is about 90% done, with the images still needing to be inserted and the three indices re-written over to reflect the revised cards. This manual is going to be extensive and I hope not too overwhelming. 

There are a few card images that need to be corrected before it can be available. I also made the mistake of having the publisher print the Retrograde card twice (the Pause card never got printed).

I have made images here available as well as on my Instagram, espearitesreadings. Please feel free to request an add and view the images there, or you can simply see them here.

In terms of time tables, I expect to have this deck available by mid to late February, unless something slows down progress. Thank you again for staying updated and a big thank you to those who've supported me throughout this endeavor! 

Monique








No comments:

Post a Comment