Sunday, October 2, 2016

So...

Hi again! I apologize for the long gap between updates. I realize some of you are coming daily to see what's going on. I've had lot on my plate during the last couple of weeks of September where I wasn't able to think about my deck at all. However, this week it looks like things are settling down, and yes, I have a real update on progress.

I felt I needed to go back to cards I thought didn't need any improvements. Instead of 20 cards that needed refining, it was more like 30. Overwhelming!

I want to say the changes are very positive. I had about 2-3 days of great work back in September, then after that I started to have difficulties again. I guess that's art. As you can see, the improved images (on the left) are thinner and more crisp. The originals were also highly contrasted and some of this was lost with a recent improved version. I also added a stenciled style to some of the glyphs, as you can see with the Transition card (bottom left). Yes, these are all "drawn" in bitmap! I do not use Illustrator or Photoshop (again, to draw them!).



I'm hoping this deck is really going to come together in a decent amount of time. As mentioned, I would like to keep some of my original hand-drawn designs and smooth these out (most of these are hearts). I had a great start with Desiring to Communicate. I'm hoping to get back to my deck this week. Thank you for reading and staying up to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment