Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Observation

I think this is what I seem to be doing a lot lately with this deck. I think, more or less, it set the tone for January going into February. I think the oracle has done really well with spreads, but also in combination with tarot cards. When I put the syntax in a [tarot card] + [oracle card] format, the reading is easier to piece together (the syntax is the way the reading is written out). Also, reading with this deck reminds me of reading in a lost language or something. I am more reminded of ancient Mesoamerican hieroglyphs even though they look nothing like it (I do have, little, if any, experience reading these scripts).

Things with the deck are coming along. I am currently making updates to the copy that will be published. I think it could be another day or two until this is complete. Some of the center symbols were a bit small compared to other pieces in the deck. I also thinned out the Health and Enemy cards. Other cards that needed resizing were Man, Woman, and the Longing cards. I am currently (and pain-stakingly) working on the last card as I write this entry (and yeah, I'm longing to be done with it, lol).

Meanwhile, I've been adding bits of information to the manual, and will also need to update the images. I am thinking of adding a spreads section. In any case, I'll have plenty of time to work on these changes, and hopefully purchase a final copy before the end of the week. I've been meaning to contact the company to see if I can get a thicker card stock. The stock and edges started wearing out on my copy after the first week. I do use this deck weekly and almost daily. The tedious details aside, I'm happy with the progress of this project so far.

Ok, so here is another excerpt from the manual. The information may need to be edited over some, but the basic message will stay the same. Enjoy!

EXCERPT FROM THE PLUTONIAN ORACLE MANUAL

SPELL WORK

Can the Plutonian Oracle be used for spell work? Why not? If you feel any one symbol speaks to you for a particular spell, feel free to use it. I would also love to hear feedback on this, as I have done it a few times myself and feel like the results have been solid. Symbols can be written onto candles, disposable glass candles, petitions, or be used for meditation purposes in the course of healing work.

KARMA, SOUL MATES/TWIN FLAMES, AND PAST LIVES


During this deck's creation, I got a few questions about karma, soul mates/twin flames, and past lives.

While it's quite possible to tell if you hold a connection with someone on a soulmate/karmic/past life level with this deck, there are no cards that address these topics in a straightforward manner. For example, there isn't a "Soulmate" card or an official karmic relationship indicator. I deliberately left these topics out of the deck. The main focus of this deck is to promote the here and now. I chose not to address these categories due to the fact we can ultimately give our power away to them. However, readers can incorporate these concepts into the deck if they wish to on a more direct level.


ASTROLOGY AND NUMEROLOGY

Can the oracle be used with astrology or numerology? Yes. However, I recommend only using it as the need arises for general information, or with astrological- or numerological-themed spreads. It shouldn't take the place of the actual practice of astrology or numerology. Please see Healer 4 card's description for more information on how to use this deck with astrology and numerology.

QUINTS

In cartomancy, a quint number may be calculated using the numerical value of each card in a reading and adding it up. The sum number can hold numerological significance, but usually points back to another card in the deck associated with it. In the Plutonian Oracle, each card has a number assigned to it called the "Numerological Number." This number can be found under the Optional Correspondences table in the card's description or in the Optional Correspondence table found in Index II. Please see Sample Readings in Index I for a sample of how to calculate the quint using the Plutonian Oracle.

Ok, there you have it. Thank you for staying updated and please check back for more updates to come forth soon. 

Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment