Thursday, May 5, 2016

New Additions + Revisions

Yesterday I added five new cards to the deck and tested them out at the forums. I feel like they've added some much needed depth to the readings. Note these were not drawn by hand but constructed digitally. This brings the deck up to 53 cards. So I may not have been entirely accurate when I posted in the introduction about number of cards here originally :x

I have been doing "what-the-next-day-holds" readings to further evaluate the predictive methods and capabilities of the deck. It's still too early to report in the results, but once I have some, I will share them here.

It's still going to be another month or two away for artwork revision. I'm getting ready to work again for the first time in seven months and so this will provide some funds that will go into the deck. I work in both paint and illustrator right now, and I am considering the purchase of a drawing tablet for revisions. I hear it can be a lot easier to work with graphic images rather than using a mouse. While I was looking up tutorials on Youtube, I came across a program called GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) that might be able to make things a bit easier as well with scanned images. Working in Illustrator has proven to be very complicated! I will be looking more into this program in the coming weeks.

As for changes, I've taken some indicators out of the deck. So far, these have been from the man and woman cards. I plan to leave all sun and moon indicators. I have also been tempted to re-do the hand-drawn cards in paint/illustrator using improved shapes and lines, but I feel this is going to take way the authentic artistic touch/style the deck originally came into being with. The only thing that would be original is the creative twist put on some very old symbols as well as new symbols.

Then there is the question of copyrights, too. I feel like before I post any further images of the deck, or discuss it in further detail, I need to seek out the advice of a legal expert. Gosh, it does feel really limited, but I can always watermark the images and place a copyright at the bottom of the blog, right?! I'll get back to you on this!

So I will wrap it up here for the night. Until next time, thanks for checking back!



No comments:

Post a Comment